ELITE: Journal of English Language and Literature is a peer-reviewed journal, available online and published twice a year, June and December. This statement clarifies the ethical behavior of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the author, the chief editor, the Editorial Board, the peer-reviewer and the publisher (English Language and Literature Department, UHO – Kendari, Indonesia). This statement is based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
- All submitted papers are subject to a strict peer-review process by at least two reviewers that are experts in the area of the particular paper.
- The review process is a blind peer review.
- The factors that are taken into account in the review are relevance, soundness, significance, originality, readability, and language.
- The possible decisions include acceptance, acceptance with revisions, or rejection.
- If authors are encouraged to revise and resubmit a submission, there is no guarantee that the revised submission will be accepted.
- Rejected articles will not be re-reviewed.
- The paper acceptance is constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement, and plagiarism.
- No research can be included in more than one publication.
A statement of professional ethical codes is a statement of the ethical codes of all parties involved in the process of publication of this scientific journal (Editors, Peer-reviewers, and Authors). In general, the publication ethics of the Indonesian Journal of English Teaching (IJET) refers to the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) about Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editor. Essentially, the code of ethics itself upholds three values of ethics in publications, namely:
- Neutrality (free from conflicts of interest in public management),
- Justice (giving the right of authorship to the beneficiary as the author), and
- Honesty (free from duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in the publication.