- Focus and Scope
- Section Policies
- Peer Review Process
- Open Access Policy
- Publication Ethic
- Screening Plagiarism
- Digital Archiving
- Order Journal
- Statistic Download Article
- Submission Process
Focus and Scope
KABANTI: Jurnal Kerabat Antropologi, merupakan ruang bagi mahasiswa Strata 1 (S1) Jurusan Antropologi, Fakultas Ilmu Budaya (FIB), Universitas Halu Oleo (UHO) yang dikelola oleh Kerabat Antropologi FIB UHO sendiri. Kabanti adalah jurnal ilmiah antropologi yang mengajak kerabat antropologi untuk berpartisipasi menulis artikel ilmiah yang berkaitan dengan kajian-kajian antropologi dan etnografi.
Kabanti diterbitkan dua kali setahun pada bulan Januari dan Juli. Nama Kabanti (Buton) atau Kabhanti (Muna), diambil dari tradisi berucap pantun dalam kedua suku tersebut. Kabanti membawa nilai-nilai moral, nilai-nilai keagamaan, petunjuk kehidupan atau petuah, sindiran, percintaan, serta nilai-nilai budaya dan adat istiadat. Tradisi Kabanti, yang bertujuan memperkokoh nilai dan norma dalam masyarakat, saat ini mendekati kepunahan.
- Open Submissions
- Peer Reviewed
Peer Review Process
Every submitted manuscript will be selected by the Editorial Board. Manuscripts that meet the standard writing criteria will be forwarded to the reviewer while manuscripts that do not meet the standard writing criteria will be returned to the author without reviews by the reviewer. The manuscript reviewed by the reviewer will be returned to the author if corrections are required. After the authors make improvements in accordance with the input and ratings from the reviewers, then the authors must submit the revised manuscript to be re-reviewed. The manuscript will be reviewed by anonymously reviewer, and Reviewers are unaware of the identity of the authors (double blind review method) and be given recommendations. Reviewing process will consider novelty, objectivity, method, scientific impact, conclusion, and references. The decision whether a manuscript is approved or rejected will be decided by the Editor In Chief based on the recommendation from the reviewer in the Editorial Board meeting forum. Plagiarism screening will also be conducted using Ithenticate Online plagiarism detection.
Open Access Policy
- This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
- If a paper is accepted for publication, the author identified as the formal corresponding author will receive an email prompting them to log in to Author Services, where they will be required to complete a copyright license agreement on behalf of all authors of the paper.
Ethics of Publication in KABANTI
All parties involved in the publishing/publication process of the Jurnal KABANTI i.e. Managers, Editor, Mitra Bebestari, and the Author must understand and adhere to the norms/ethics of scientific publication. Scientific work for publication, in essence, must uphold the three ethical values in the publication, namely; (i) Neutrality, which is free from conflict of interest in the management of publications; (ii) Justice, which gives the right of authorship to those entitled as author / authorship; and (iii) Honesty, which is free of duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in the publication.
Authors should refrain from misrepresenting research results which could damage the trust in the journal, the professionalism of scientific authorship, and ultimately the entire scientific endeavor. Maintaining the integrity of the research and its presentation can be achieved by following the rules of good scientific practice, which include:
- The manuscript has not been published previously (partly or in full) unless the new work concerns an expansion of previous work (please provide transparency on the re-use of material to avoid the hint of text-recycling (‘self-plagiarism’).
- A single study is not split up into several parts to increase the number of submissions and submitted to various journals or to one journal over time.
- No data have been fabricated or manipulated (including images) to support your conclusions.
- No data, text, or theories by others are presented as if they were the author’s own (‘plagiarism’). Proper acknowledgments to other works must be given (this includes material that is closely copied (near verbatim), summarized and/or paraphrased), quotation marks are used for verbatim copying of material, and permissions are secured for material that is copyrighted.
- Consent to submit has been received explicitly from all co-authors, as well as from the responsible authorities.
- Authors whose names appear on the submission have contributed sufficiently to the scientific work and therefore share collective responsibility and accountability for the results.
- Authors are strongly advised to ensure the correct author group, corresponding author, and order of authors at submission. Changes of authorship or in the order of authors are not accepted after acceptance of a manuscript.
- Adding and/or deleting authors at revision stage may be justifiably warranted. A letter must accompany the revised manuscript to explain the role of the added and/or deleted author(s). Further documentation may be required to support your request.
- Requests for addition or removal of authors as a result of authorship disputes after acceptance are honored after formal notification by the institute or independent body and/or when there is an agreement between all authors.
If there is a suspicion of misconduct, If, after investigation, the allegation seems to raise valid concerns, the accused author will be contacted and given an opportunity to address the issue. If misconduct has been established beyond reasonable doubt, this may result in the Editor-in-Chief’s implementation of the following measures, including, but not limited to:
- If the article is still under consideration, it may be rejected and returned to the author.
- If the article has already been published online, depending on the nature and severity of the infraction, either an erratum will be placed with the article or in severe cases retraction of the article will occur. The reason must be given in the published erratum or retraction note. Please note that retraction means that the paper is maintained on the platform, watermarked “retracted” and explanation for the retraction is provided in a note linked to the watermarked article.
- The author’s institution may be informed.
Plagiarism screening will also be conducted using Ithenticate Online plagiarism detection, grammar check, grading tools.
This journal utilizes the Indonesian Scientific Journal Database (ISJD) system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
Department of Anthropology, Faculty of Cultural Sciences- Halu Oleo University- Indonesia
Jl. H.E.A. Mokodompit Kampus Hijau Bumi Tridharma Kendari, 93232
Statistic Download Article
Statistic download using ALM Plugin, the statistic will show on every article page.
- Manuscripts that can be published in Jurnal KABANTI is a peer-reviewed scientific journal in Psychology published by the Faculty of Psychology, Jurnal Psikoloogi aims to facilitate interaction, discussion, and further the advancement of ideas among Indonesian psychological scientists.
- The author whose script will be published in the Jurnal KABANTI will receive 2 copies of the printed manuscript. The abstract of the article worthy will be checked by a professional translator.
- The author should revise based on the reviewer's feedback within the time limit set by the Editorial Board.
- The Editorial Board reserves the right to improve both the content and the script of the text without altering the substance of the content.
- The publication manuscript of the thesis and dissertation should include recommendations from the relevant supervisor, stating that the manuscript deserves to be submitted to the Jurnal KABANTI. Manuscripts that have been reviewed and declared accepted are not permitted to be sent to other journals. Otherwise, the author will be black-listed.
- Access Site: http://journal.fib.uho.ac.id/index.php/kabantiantropologi
Click menu register
- Then fill the form fields that have been provided
- After filling out the form then click submit
- Cek your notification email for knowing notification from Jurnal KABANTI Which contains the username and password
- User name dan password using for login when author submit journal manuscript
- Journal manuscript, Author Affiliations, and correspondence have to upload.
- The content manuscript is the title, author identity and correspondence will be upload in (supplementary file).
- Upload manuscripts must use the provided Manuscript Template. Manuscripts that do not use templates provided, will not be processed further without notice.
- Please download the form template. Journal Template
- Submission Guidelines for Autho PDF
- Once the submission materials have been prepared in accordance with the Author Guidelines, manuscripts should be submitted online.
- The Editor then views the submission and evaluates it for technical compliance with the basic journal standards for focus and scope, formatting, length and style, and English comprehensibility as outlined in the Author’s Submission Guidelines.
- The Editor then decides whether the manuscript will be sent out for review, or will be returned to the Author for technical revisions or advised to submit to another journal. For technical revisions, normally the Author is given two weeks (14 days) to revise the manuscript. If extra time is needed, the Author needs to email and notify the Editor.
- After the revisions, the Editor then evaluates the subject matter of the submission and accordingly contacts potential reviewers based on his/her judgment of their expertise and skill in evaluating some or all of the content in the submission.
- If any Reviewer(s) decline to perform the review, alternates will be consulted until at least two Reviewers are set for the manuscript. Typically, a submission will have three Reviewers (including the Editor), but more may be recruited.
- Each Reviewer independently evaluates the manuscript according to the criteria explicitly stated in the Review Guidelines, normally within two to three weeks (14-21 days). Each Reviewer provides his/her general and specific comments and makes one of the following recommendations to the Editor:
- Accept in present form
- Accept with minor revisions, no further review requested unless major changes are made in accordance with other reviews (at the discretion of the Editor).
- Accept with minor revisions, but send the revised manuscript back for further review.
- Accept with major revisions, automatic further review of the manuscript unless the reviewer requests otherwise.
- Reject. Further review of the manuscript by a Reviewer is possible if the Editor decides against the reviewer’s rejection recommendation unless that Reviewer requests otherwise.
- Once reviews are complete, the Editor emails the Author the reviews and comments for revision of the manuscript, as necessary based on those recommendations and the Editor’s decision.
- If the revision is advised, upon receiving the notification, the Author will have to respond through email if he/she is willing to undertake the revision. Typically, the Author needs to return the revised manuscript within a week (12 days). However, if the Author needs more time to revise the manuscript, an email should be sent to notify the Editor. (NOTE: Failure to meet the deadline will result in the Author having to submit the revised paper as a new submission).
- The Author revises and emails back by the system and the final file with revisions made marked (or highlighted) for easy determination.
- The Editor then decides whether the manuscript will be sent for the second review as per decision made.
- The accepted article then undergoes the layout process and the uncorrected draft sent to the Author for approval.
- Upon acceptance of the uncorrected draft, a final offprint version shall be uploaded into the Online First section, awaiting final assignment of Volume and Issue number.
- Print copies of the journal can be requested in advance with corresponding charges according to an agreement live template and statement of originality
NOTE: Duration of the entire review to publication process usually takes around 45 to 60 days.